7 Creative Ways to Establish Your Brand
A Nielson survey shows that 59% of consumers prefer to purchase products and services from familiar brands. Big or small businesses understand the challenge of competing with other brands and establishing their own.
Importance of Establishing Your Brand
According to Seth Godin, “A brand is the set of expectations, memories, stories, and relationships that, taken together, account for a consumer’s decision to choose one product or service over another.” This quote summarizes the importance of establishing a brand.
Furthermore, your brand is your business’s face and reputation. It reflects who your company wants to be and where it wants to be. It may influence the consumers’ purchasing behavior and loyalty to your business.
Nevertheless, with the rise of numerous competing businesses and brands from all sorts of industries and niches, it is becoming a huge challenge to establish your brand to stand out. It is a good thing that there are always creative ways to try. Here are creative ways to establish your brand.
7 Ways of Building Your Brand
- Establish Your Brand Impression through Branding Colors. People nowadays tend to associate colors with feelings, symbolism, and vision. Colors are now more than the aesthetic; people are now looking into the deeper meaning of colors. This is why choosing your branding colors to use is very important. Not only because of its appeal to the eyes of the consumers but also because of the impression it leaves. It is best to consult with a graphic designer or design specialist to pick out the colors that best fit your brand and vision. It is also crucial to be consistent with the use of your branding colors – from your logo, website, social media, and even to your print advertising.
- Build an Interactive, Unique Website. Since most of the consumers are now reaching out for the Internet when looking for products and services, it is essential to build a unique yet interactive and user-friendly website. It is also necessary to put your target and ideal customers into consideration when creating your website. For example, if your target audiences are older, it is best to make your website straightforward, informative, and easy to use.
- List Your Business on Local Listing and Niche Directories. eMarketer shows that 35% of product searches start on Google. Also, Hubspot mentioned that 34% of “near me” searches done via desktop and tablets result in in-store visits. These numbers show the importance of having your business available in Google searches, and listing your business in local listing and niche directories gives your business a higher chance to show up in search results. Moreover, many people are now checking for reviews and ratings, so managing your brand reputation in local listing platforms and niche directories is also a must.
- Set Up and Optimize Your Social Media. Besides search engines, social media is one of the leading channels for people to learn about a brand, a product, or a service. Moreover, consumers tend to trust brands with complete social media accounts (at least the following: Facebook page, Instagram, and Twitter). It is also important to be active in these once set up.
- Create Unique, Relevant Content. This is important not only on your social media accounts but also on your other platforms such as your website, blogs, and even press releases. It is vital to not only promote the brand but also to impart meaningful information to your audience.
- Be in the Trend. Viral marketing is a special yet effective method of establishing a brand. Being updated with the trend and what’s viral, and incorporating it to a brand has made some brands known and successful. However, many people tend to get serious and sensitive about certain issues, so it’s important to use viral marketing wisely and carefully.
- Get Involved in Influencer Marketing. Influencer marketing is also one of the most creative and instant ways of establishing a brand. Collaborating with a personality or influencer that’s relevant to the industry that you are in has been found to be successful, not only for boosting a brand but also for increasing sales.
There are numerous ways to creatively and effectively establish your brand. The most important thing about it is keeping it simple and keeping it real.